Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Progress progressing too Fast

In English we are currently doing a chapter about new technology and it's effect on the world good and bad. I'm having a hard time grasping the ideas our paranoid teacher is trying  to teach. Technology already exists that can read minds with an MRI scanner. His big discussion question is that of freedom vs. protection. In order to be safe how much freedom are willing to give up. Ever since the horrific date of 9-1-1 everyone you don't know could be a terrorist. What happen to God's message of Jesus walking along the "lowlifes" and if you don't remember he pretty much grew up in the ghetto so why are we so scared of our own shadow??? As a follower we are supposed to trust him completely. Yet with this whole government control struggle I have a hard time piecing through the layers of deception to truly see what God wants me to see and know. Power is knowledge right?? So why is the government hiding so much in order to know everything about us? With this unit I am realizing how blissfully nieve I have been  about my amount of privacy. As a human one of the greatest things I treasure is my alone time with God. I guess it is kind of like how God is always watching and knowing what you are doing. Yet, he does this to help you with his greatest all knowing grace. When a human flaud and all try to take  this power as well. Glitches and self-power will end up leading to corruption. Haven't learn from history too much human power in one area of control always ends up bad?

My biggest thing is that with Facebook I know how jobs and everything check it before hiring you. MAny people  have lost great possibilities this way. AS our generation we are too stuck in this digital world of putting yourself completely out their its OK to give your opinion just be careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment